Urge Congress to Vote YES on 21st Century Cures Act
Action ALERT: Urge Congress to Vote YES on 21st Century Cures Act Calling all Rare Disease Advocates!
This week the House will hold a floor vote that will determine the fate of the 21st Century Cures Act HR 6. This historic legislation holds the potential to advance rare disease research and treatments by light years and includes the OPEN ACT, legislation that could double the number of rare disease treatments. But we need your help to ensure the bill passes the House.
As soon as you read this, please call your Member of Congress and urge them to vote YES on the 21st Century Cures Act HR 6.
This bill contains critical provisions that will:
- Increase funding for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) & the Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
- Create incentives to increase the number of treatments available to patients, in particular, those made possible by the OPEN ACT and the Advancing Hope Act (priority review voucher program)
- Enhance the drug development process by including patient perspectives and use of biomarker data
- Support the development and dissemination of expanded access policies
- Create a neurological disease surveillance program at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
THANK YOU for your support and for keeping up the fight on behalf of the rare disease community. Please remember to share this alert with your networks and on social media. We need all hands on deck!